When reproduction takes place, new organisms are produced from existing organisms, thus ensuring the continuity of the organisms on Earth.
The production of offspring is carried out either through an
ASEXUAL PROCESS, which occurs in
SEXUAL PROCESS, which occurs in
- Flowering plants
Differences between asexual and sexual reproduction
- The production of a new individual, which involves one organism only
- The new individual has the same characteristics as the parent's
- The production of a new individual, which involves two sexes - a male and a female - through the fusion of a male gamete and a female gamete.
- The new individual is a unique offspring, who does not have the same characteristics as parents.
- Contributes to genetic diversity and variation within species.