Construct that is assessed in PEKA Science Form 4 and 5.
* Constructs I, III and IV are assessed based on evidences of laboratory reports.
** Constructs II and V are assessed based on observations made by the teacher while conducting the PEKA experiment and also in the process of teaching and learning.
* Construct I - Planning of the experiment
- C1P1 - State the aim of the investigation or experiment accurately.
- C1P2 - State the hypothesis accurately.
- C1P3 - State all the variable involved.
- C1P4 - List down all the materials or apparatus.
- C1P5 - Write the complete procedure or technique.
** Construct II - Carrying out the experiment (based on planning, and usage and handling of materials/apparatus)
- C2P1 - Ability to use and handle the materials or apparatus carefully.
- C2P2 - Ability to clean the materials or apparatus in a proper way.
- C2P3 - Ability to store or put back the materials or apparatus correctly and safely.
- C2P4 - Ability to sketch or draw any specimen or science apparatus arrangement correctly and accurately.
* Construct III - Collecting and recording data/observation
- C3P1 - Able to construct a table with the correct manipulated and responding variables.
- C3P2 -Able to complete the manipulated variable data in the table correctly.
- C3P3 - Able to record the data/observation of the responding variable obtained from the experiment correctly.
* Construct IV - Interpreting data and making conclusions
- C4P1 - Able to interpret data or discuss or plot a graph correctly:(i) Title of the graph.(ii) Axes that are labelled with the correct units.(iii) Uniform scale.(iv) Correct graph for the experiment.
- C4P2 - Able to state whether the hypothesis is accepted or rejected.
- C4P3 - Able to make a correct conclusion/summary of the experiment.
** Construct V - Scientific attitudes and noble values
- C5P1 - Show inquisitiveness and interest.(i) Frequently asking the teacher or friends questions related to the task.(ii) Always ready to accept other people's ideas and opinion.(iii) Keen in all the task given.
- C5P2 - Systematic attitude.(i) Frequently carrying out the investigation or experiment systematically.(ii) Reporting the exact data or observation from the experiment.
- C5P3 - Cooperation.(i) Always shows cooperation when carrying out group activities.
- C5P4 - Responsibility.(i) Always shows self-confidence while carrying out an investigation and being brave to defend one's ideas.(ii) Always ensure the safety of oneself, friends and the surrounding.