Source: Maths & Science Guide
- What are waves?
- What is meant by "speed"?
- Waves are energy produced by oscillations that is able to transfer through medium and travel through vacuum.
- Waves are the propagation of energy through the oscillation of particles of a medium.
- It is the rate of change of distance. It is = (distance/time). When an object travels a distance of 20m in 10s, its speed is (20/10) = 2m/s. It is scalar quantity.
- The command phrase is "What is meant". Thus, you can choose to give the definition of speed, OR examples that provide the meaning of speed.